San Francisco, December 17, 2018 – AirPR (www.airpr.com), the data science company for communication and public relations, today announced the closing of its Series C financing of 8 million dollars. Pereg Ventures, along with all three of the company’s largest existing institutional investors, Wildcat Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Correlation Ventures, participated in the round. The financing will fuel investment in engineering, data science and product development and accelerate the expansion of the company’s international footprint.
Tae Hea Nahm of Storm Ventures, an early investor in Marketo, shared, “I see significant parallels between how companies like Marketo and others took marketing to a new level based on data and analytics and what AirPR is doing for PR and the communication function.”
The next new AirPR solution to be released will be Author Intelligence™, a media relations tool that provides insights around the journalists and bloggers who can have the biggest impact on a business. Author Intelligence helps PR, communication, and content marketing teams understand how to connect with those authors in the most meaningful way by providing a detailed profile of each author, including their publication activity, social amplification, and social sentiment. The solution leverages artificial intelligence to recommend similar authors based on common attributes and characteristics.
To support AirPR’s continued expansion, the company recently augmented its leadership team with the addition of experienced data, PR, and marketing technology veterans:
- Dan Beltramo, CEO of AirPR, founded Vizu (acquired by Nielsen) and subsequently ran Nielsen’s global marketing effectiveness business, including attribution, marketing mix modeling, and advertising effectiveness products
- Sean O’Neal, President of AirPR, previously led commercial operations at Adaptly (acquired by Accenture) and Vizu (acquired by Nielsen)
- Judy Luk-Smit, VP of Product at AirPR, previously product management at Dell
- Doug Miller, VP of Customer Success at AirPR, previously marketing analytics leader at Adobe and Rocketfuel
- Enid Maran, Managing Director at AirPR, previously Managing Director of Nielsen’s Marketing Effectiveness business
- Jeremy Longinotti, VP of Sales and Business Development at AirPR, previously Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer at TruSignal, the big data and predictive analytics company
- Andy Cunningham, Board of Directors at AirPR and former Head of Corporate Communication at Apple. Currently CEO of Cunningham Collective, and formerly CMO of Avaya, CMO of Reardon Commerce, CEO of CXO Communication, and CEO of Bite.
“In addition to industry-leading technology and data products, what I am most excited about is the breadth of talent and experience which we are bringing to bear to this opportunity”, said Dan Beltramo, CEO of AirPR. “We have brought on a team with a unique blend of marketing, communication, analytics, and software experience.”
“The PR and communication function, on the whole, has been losing ground relative to the advances in marketing technology. AirPR is leading the digital transformation of the industry and elevating the science behind communication,” says Andy Cunningham. “Earning a seat at the executive table is all about being able to tie one’s efforts to real business outcomes in a credible manner.”
AirPR is the data science company for communication and public relations. We connect content to business outcomes for the first time, and leverage artificial intelligence to reveal which communication strategies drive actual brand engagement. AirPR developed the Power of Voice™ metric as a way to measure the quality of a brand’s media coverage in relation to its competitors, and invented PR Attribution™ to measure the real impact that content is having on a company’s bottom line. AirPR was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area.